Friday, November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy


 She made her way blowing through our town with high winds and little rain.  Old trees seemed to be no match for Sandy, as many were completely uprooted.

 Photos of some of the destruction around my home....

The Rose Garden





A large pine takes out a garage in my neighborhood...




 A tree uprooted lands on a home also in our neighborhood...



My favorite old willow downtown is gone...




And the biggest threat to us.. our next door neighbors pine tree was uprooted and all that keeps it from falling towards our home is some of the sidewalk holding onto the roots.  911 and nonemergency was called but with so much damage and power outages we're just still on the list...





We lost power Monday night at 9pm and it was restored Thursday morning at 2:15am.  But we made the best of it...

Flashlight fun




and thankfully I had a fully powered laptop, so we could watch movies...

Watching the coverage from New Jersey and New York is very heart breaking, it makes me feel guilty for even complaining about not having power for a few days.  Our prayers go out to everyone who's suffering from this storm.

More photos taken by a friend of mine...

At the Bethlehem Public Library





Also my husband spent some time the day after Sandy over at his Grandmother's who's roof blew apart.   Here are a few photos of that mess...





It's been a crazy week!  Now to get our fridge stocked back up, although when I stopped in the grocery store yesterday the shelves were getting a bit empty!


2 comments:

Char said...

Looks like you had lots of damage from trees, just like us. Good to know no one was injured. We had 6 75-80 foot pines go down and one which was damaged by the others falling. My little town has power outages and roofs blown off even at the elementary school. With all of that I consider myself so very fortunate, I've seen the pictures and my heart goes out to those who have it so much worst.
It's good to see Jackson had fun. We didn't lose power.

sara's art house said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are ok!!!!! Praying for you and hope that tree does not fall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails